Goulburn Local Services
Goulburn ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Goulburn site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Goulburn Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Goulburn When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Goulburn Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Goulburn Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Goulburn ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Goulburn and a Place to Meet
The goulburn.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Goulburn
Welcome to a page full of interesting facts about the city of Goulburn, located in New South Wales, Australia! Goulburn is a picturesque town that has a long and rich history. The following are some of the most fascinating pieces of information about the city:
- Goulburn is known as the "first inland city of Australia." It was founded in 1833 and played an important role in the development of Australia. The city is named after Henry Goulburn, who was the Secretary of State for War and the Colonies at the time.
- Goulburn is home to the Big Merino, a giant concrete statue of a merino ram that stands at 15.2 meters tall and weighs 100 tons. The Big Merino was built in 1985 and is located on the Hume Highway.
- The Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre is a must-visit for train enthusiasts. The museum has a collection of steam engines, diesel locomotives, carriages, and other historic railway items.
- Goulburn has many historic buildings and landmarks, including St. Saviour's Cathedral, Goulburn Court House, and the Goulburn Brewery. The architecture of these buildings reflects the city's rich history.
- Goulburn is home to one of the oldest operating cathedrals in Australia. St. Saviour's Cathedral was constructed in the 1870s and is known for its beautiful stained glass windows.
- The Goulburn Mulwaree Council has developed a comprehensive Street Art Trail throughout the city. The trail showcases a range of vibrant and eye-catching murals that have been created by local and international artists.
- Goulburn has a strong sporting culture and has produced many successful athletes. The city is home to the Goulburn Workers Bulldogs Football Club, Goulburn Strikers Football Club, and Goulburn District Racing Club.
- The Goulburn Viaduct is a historic railway bridge that spans across the Wollondilly River. It was constructed in the 1860s and is a popular spot for sightseeing and photography.
These are just some of the interesting facts about the city of Goulburn. If you ever find yourself in New South Wales, be sure to set aside some time to explore this charming and historic city.